Settings after first install of ESS

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by zoli62, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoli62

zoli62 Registered Member

I think, it is very important question. When i have installed ESS, prompt after setup it has deleted some for me relevant files without my consent. How it's possible to prevent this issue?

2. zoli62

zoli62 Registered Member

It is not tool for this, or it is fully discrete case?

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I believe that you want to select Setup>AntiVirus Protection>Configure>Setup>Cleaning and select No Cleaning (the help file states that this will provide an alert to the user and allow the user to choose an action).

Blue

4. zoli62

zoli62 Registered Member

Thank you, i know that , but after the install at the first real start is the default settings is not "no cleaning" In my opinion.

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Just to be certain, I uninstalled and reinstalled to check whether this setting could be adjusted in a custom installation. It couldn't, and that is probably something for Eset to adjust moving forward - the ability to adjust detection related settings on a custom installation is probably a worthwhile addition. Right now, those settings appear to be adjustable post install only.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.