Setting Up True Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikesmartt, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikesmartt

mikesmartt Registered Member

I am using True Image 9 on a Dell XPS 710.
    When running True Image inside Windows, the program sees all my external drives (two, one firewire and one USB) and I backup to one of those. But when I make a bootable CD and try a full boot up from that, it hangs. A simple boot without drivers etc works fine but then I can only see the drives inside my computer (currently C:) and can't back up from the external where the backed up files are.
    Also, when I try and set up a secure zone, it goes through all the processes right down to reboot but then no sercure zone is created. I presume I can't set up the zone on c: and that the zone has to be bigger than the partition holding windows?
    I am planning to upgrade to Vista in a couple of months (when various driver issues are sorted out) and True Image 10. That should work better?

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Generally a later version does improve matters where rescue disk compatibilities are concerned. You didn't mention which build of v9 you were using, but I would make sure it is at least 3677. Now boot your rescue disk and check the version of that too - it has been known for users to download a new build, install it and forget to update the existing recovery disk from an earlier build.

If that does not get you any further on have a look at the Sticky at the top of the forum

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

in particular part "II" and using "quiet acpi=off noapic"

F.

F.

3. mikesmartt

mikesmartt Registered Member

Thanks for that advice. I obtained the latest version and it is all working nicely thanks. Hope version 10 is as good in Vista when I finally take the plunge.:shifty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.