Setting up Browser pages in Tools > Browser Pages

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sachita, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sachita

sachita Registered Member

I just installed Spyware blaster and am kind of confused on how to setup the browser pages section.

Tools > Browser pages

I have 13 entries in there, the first one is http://google.com which is fine my home page.

then there were 4 others like http://msn.com and other like this msn.search. The msn ones I changed to http://google.com. I accepted the registry changes that Ad-watch monitor brought up. How will this affect my computer. I didn't like the msn search pages so I figured I would change them. Was that ok ?

Then I have 6 identical ones that start off like this res:// numbers and percent signs follow. WHat are these?

Then there are 2 more C:\Windows\System32\blank.htm (I did not and will not change these)

2. marche

marche Registered Member

yeah, i also have a question about this... i found some spyware changing the HOME PAGE setting, should i just change all values under "browser pages" to "about:blank" which is the home page i want?

also, what exactly will checking the "Disable the IE Home Page settings area in the Tools Control Panel" do? will it prevent future spyware from making any changes to my home page?

thanks

3. Diamond T

Diamond T Registered Member

"Disable the IE Home Page settings area in the Tools Control Panel" I believe that will just prevent someone else using your computer from changing the home page. It greys out the option in Internet Options so you can't use it to change to home page. Of course you can untick it in SpywareBlaster if you want to change it yourself.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

sachita....If you individually click on the 13 entries your referring to and then select....More info on item....you'll see a brief description of what each of those entries relate to....which may help you understand better ?

Also....via SpywareBlasters Help section....SpywareBlaster Features\System Snapshot\Tools....there is a brief description of that feature.

Attached Files:

5. sachita

sachita Registered Member

Bubba,

They all seem to be search tool search bar and objects of that nature. I would like to remove MSN search from my browser (IE 6). If I type in a website that doesn't exsist it directs me to an MSN search page/tool. Someone please help me remove this.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If I'm understanding you correctly you should be able to change that easy enough.

Select the Search toolbar button....then Customize and then the Autosearch settings button at the bottom left. You then should be presented with a Customize Autosearch Settings box where you can specify what site to use when searching from the address bar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.