Setting static IP address with Rescue CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brutus, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brutus

brutus Registered Member

I need to restore an image on a PC that is in an area where DHCP is not available. The image is on a network drive. Is there a way to set a static IP address on the boot rescue CD?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello brutus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, if you don't use DHCP server then please set network settings manually via Options item in the Tools menu.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. brutus

brutus Registered Member

I don't have a tools menu when I boot my True Image v6 CD. Is there some sort of config file I can edit on the CD?

4. uvi

uvi Guest

upgrade to the latest version of acronis and make a new bootcd with it. You are not seeing a network tools option because acronis does not have a driver for your nic.

5. brutus

brutus Registered Member

It was the version I was using. The demo of the new version has a tools menu.

6. NoIP

NoIP Guest

I am running Acronis 8.0 Corporate Workstation and do not have a DHCP server on my domain. When booting off of the Rescue CD I am assigned a 169.x.x.x address. When I go into the TOOLS \ OPTIONS config screen to change the network settings (IP, subnet mask, default gateway, wins server) to something that will work with my network, the changes are not stored and network access is not possible. How can I get the network working off of the rescue cd? Are there options that need to be set prior to building the rescue CD where I can define IP address, etc.. before booting with the CD? I would like to be able to use the network off of the boot disk as my images are stored on a network machine. Help please...

7. MichaelW

MichaelW Guest

I have the same problem as the previous poster. The NIC is identified and the drivers load for it, however, if I uncheck "Automatic Settings" and define static IP settings, then click OK, nothing happens, and when I come back to that dialog box, it's set back to Automatic Settings with nothing in the IP/GW/DNS/WINS fields.

I am using the TrueImage Rescue CD from Version 8.0 (build 115:cool:.

Any suggestions? I have a dead server waiting for recovery...

8. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

My suggestion is to run a freeware DHCP server just long enough to assign an ip to the boot disk.

Tftpd32 is one that works.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NoIP and MichaelW,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that this problem has been already investigated and fixed.

Please download and install the latest build (1201) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation which is available at:
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

10. derekyeu

derekyeu Registered Member

I am evaluting TI8 for Linux on our servers running RedHat Linux 9. I think I have the same problem. Since I only have the trial version, does it mean I cannot get a working version to try before I purchase the software?

Derek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.