Set Up?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by beethoven, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I just installed RegDefend for a trial. It installed easily- so far, so good. :)
    I read the help file and looked for a sticky here but I am unsure whether I need to configure the prog now? o_O
    I can see a setting to start Regdef at startup but other than that, I don't really see any other relevant settings to modify. Can I leave it at that or do I have to create any registry group? How do I actually see that the program is working? :doubt:

2. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi beethoven :).

Once you have installed RegDefend and have it set to load on startup, there really isn't much more to do. The default groups will give you good protection, though you can also also add custom groups for that extra protection if you desire. Have a look at the the other threads in here for more on that as there is some great infomation.

Other than the RegDefend icon sitting in the systray, you won't see it "working" untill a program etc tries to modify one of the protected registry keys. When that happens, RegDefend will give you an alert and you must then decide to Allow or Block the change.

Hope that helps, but be sure to read other threads in here as there is a wealth of information.

Regards,
    Jade.

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Thanks Jade :) - I was hoping that it would be that easy but needed some reassurance. As for custom groups, I will have a look at some of the threads but I am not that tech savvy, so will have to treat very carefully before changing any defaults ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.