Service to manual status

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by majoMo, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

I don't use Returnil all the time. When I need to virtualize the system (system disk) I activate it (I don't use anti virus feature).

In consequence I'll like to know if there is one serious disadvantage to change their service (RVSMON.EXE, Returnil Virtual System Core Service) to manual, instead automatic (default setting).

Thanks.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi majoMo,
    Apologies for missing this post. This can be done, but the service will start as soon as you open the GUI which means the exercise is probably not going to do what you want it to do...

Mike

3. pegr

pegr Registered Member

You would also have to stop the GUI from starting automatically with Windows. As Mike says, when the GUI is launched the service will start automatically. When you reboot the system to exit the virtual system, neither the service nor the GUI would load which, if I've understood you correctly, is what you want to achieve.

4. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

@ Coldmoon and @ pegr, thanks for your feedback.

Noticed that if Returnil'service is set to manual, and I reboot after a virtualized session, in C:\Returnil is the file "RVSYSTEM.CCH" with some GB (it vanishes when I start the GUI).

So it's better to have the service in automatic mode... :D

Thanks again for your insight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.