Service Pack 2

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Purrson, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purrson

Purrson Registered Member

Are people recommending installing windows xp service pack 2 now? I know before there was alot of hesitation on it

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Now would be a good time, there are not as many bugs as expected. At least The people that I know that installed it are not having any so far.

3. Purrson

Purrson Registered Member

TY Big C, just ordered the cd as with dialup its a tiny bit too long a download for me,
    Purrson® says:
    Total updates selected: 1 items, 75 MB, 6 hours 34 minutes Install...
    High Priority UpdatesSingle installation: Windows XP Service Pack 2
    Typical download size: 75 MB, 6 hours 34 minutes :eek:
    EEKS... a friend and I will both be getting the cd by snailmail, and another friend or friends will talk us thru prep work before we do the deed...
    he knows what hes up against lol
    tig says:
    well when you get the cd is when we will worry about getting you updated
    tig says:
    muahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    ^Purrson^ says:
    I know
    tig says:
    all you need to do for sure is make sure you have all updates from microsoft except sp2
    tig says:
    and then check
    tig says:
    hmmmm
    ^Purrson^ says:
    want to do maybe on a day 2 when I am off 3 as even if it was here now no WAY in you know where am I ready to do
    tig says:
    yours is a dell right?
    ^Purrson^ says:
    well ran scan several times says just need sp2
    ^Purrson^ says:
    yes
    tig says:
    good

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

As far as getting the critcal updates goes the sp2 cd has all of the updates on it, after install of sp2 then go to windows updates and see if there are any updates. If you have a dell, go to the dell web site and get any updates from dell that are recomended before sp2 is installed. I have read about some dell drivers not working after sp2 unless the were updated before sp2

bigc

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Don't worry too much about "snailmail", despite the several weeks MS is quoting for delivery of the CD -- it sounds like most of us are receiving it within no more than a week or so of ordering.

And how it arrives depends on where you live and where their nearest service center is -- mine came via Purolator from somewhere here in Ontario.

6. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

I am still waiting for mine, it installed one day when I wasn't paying attention, think it skipped some partso_O

Also, didn't know about the Dell dude part, so maybe that is my problem! Thanks for that piece of information, BigC!!

Marja:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.