Servers not reporting in RAC

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by jason_mb, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jason_mb

jason_mb Registered Member

I'm having an issue where every day at least three servers stop connecting to the Remote Administrator Server on port 2222, a reboot fixes the issue for that server but it may happen again within a couple of weeks. Currently I have 10 servers in this state. All servers are Windows Server 2008 R2 running Eset File Security V4.5.12005 and the Remote Administration Server is 5.0.119.0.

If I set the frequency of connection to the RAS to be 0 which I believe is connect every 10 seconds but I never see a connection with in the Netstat window I run on the server. If I do the same thing on a server that is fine it shows up constantly with in the Nestat.

I hope someone has some ideas for me.

Cheers

Jason

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I wonder if the network stack might be getting overloaded with requests from the Windows Filtering Platform API. I would expect more catastrophic behavior, though, than simply losing the ability to report to the ERA server.

In any case, can you try installing the two Microsoft hotfixes on one of the servers and monitor it to see if the problem no longer occurs?

If that resolves the issues, go ahead and roll the hotfixes out to the remaining servers.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. jason_mb

jason_mb Registered Member

Thanks

I'll have a look at them.

Cheers

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.