Server slow on new NOD32 installation

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by geewhizz, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geewhizz

geewhizz Registered Member

I have recently installed NOD32 enterprise edition on a windows 2003 SBS server.

There is one server and approx 14 workstations.

Since I have installed NOD32 the customer is complaing that their workstations are running slow and sometimes freezing up.

I think that the problem is coming from the server whereby the server gets busy doing something and then the workstations slow down as a result.

This customer has a few applications which run from the server.

At the same time of the installation , i turned on updates from Microsoft as these were not being done.

Is it possible that NOD32 is causing the server to become to busy to process other requests.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I might be able to tell.

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

You could try going into the NOD32 Control Center and disabling all the modules (AMON, IMON, etc.). If you notice any difference, then you can try narrowing it down from there.

By the way, it is not usually recommended to run IMON on a server, because of the way it inserts itself into the network stack. If you do have IMON running, hit the "Quit" button to stop it from running altogether, as opposed to simply disabling it.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You could try setting AMON only to scan files with default extensions to see if it makes a difference.

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    What have you set for exclusions on the server itself? (in AMON)

Naturally IMON is self-disabled by default when NOD is installed on a server, but also on servers even though it really doesn't make a diff, I disable EMON and DMON

When creating the push install packages for the workstations, I always remote "Network" from media being scanned in AMON.

Are you running on rather default settings for the install otherwise?

What applications are being run from the server? Any database engines?

Hardware specs for the server? SBS is the crux of my consulting business, and NOD32 is all I use anymore...honestly it's the lightest impact AV I've used on networks.

5. geewhizz

geewhizz Registered Member

If I totall shutdown NOD32 on the server by quitting the program and the workstations are still having problems intermittantly does this rule out NOD32.

The workstations are currently pointing to the server to get there updates.

6. alglove

alglove Registered Member

How are you quitting the program? If you are hitting "Quit" on the NOD32 Control Center, this only quits the user interface. NOD32 will still be running in the background. If you look at the Task Manager --> Processes, the NOD32 interface is "nod32kui.exe", and the NOD32 engine is "nod32krn.exe".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.