Server Restore Problem with Domain Controller

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WayneJ, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WayneJ

WayneJ Registered Member

windows server 2003 with a domain controller and active directory
    exchange server 2003
    Acronis True Image Server version 9.1.3854

Attempting to restore from a single acronis full disk image of the entire drive.

Disk image verifies with Acronis software.

I have several disk images created from the past several days and all verify with Acronis verification pass.

The problem is when i restore any of the images, i receive the following error when i reboot after the restoration:

-------------------------------
    Lsass.exe – System Error

Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following error: Directory Service cannot start. Error Status: 0xc00002e1. Please click OK to shutdown the system and reboot into Directory Services Restore Mode, check the event log for more detailed information.

i also follow the microsoft instructions from the below link and am not having any success with rebuilding the domain controller with active directory:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258062

after i complete the steps in the above link from microsoft, i receive the below similar error message:

Lsass.exe – System Error

Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following error: Directory Service cannot start. Error Status: 0xc00002e1. Please click OK to shutdown the system. You can use the recovery console to diagnose the system further.

any help with resolving my problem is greatly appreciated!!

thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello WayneJ,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

- When exactly the boot process stops?

- Have you made any changes to the hardware configuration prior to restoring the image?

- Have you restored an image of the entire hard drive or an image of the system partition only.

- Did you restore the image to the original location or to another hard drive?

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;

- Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.