server is not ready to serve?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by NewbieNiko, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewbieNiko

NewbieNiko Registered Member

hey i am abit of a newbie so please be nice :)

i tried updating ewido but it keep coming up with either "server is not ready to serve" or "failed to receive data 0".

so next i turned to downloading the signatures on ewido's website but i have no idea what i am doing. i have downloaded the exe file and opened it and installed all of it, is that what i ams upposed to do? However after doing that my ewido stil says i havent updated it

much appreaciated

2. buttoni

buttoni Registered Member

I got that message yesterday, too, and wondered if servers were down for repairs or something. Updated just fine today. Try it again & will probably work for you, too.

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Seems, or rather is, particularly bad today. See also this thread in NOD32 forums:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=156522

AVG/Ewido/Grisoft please tell us what is the problem ? Are your servers being upgraded or revamped ?

4. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Since AVG took over this product the update efficiency is appalling, I have now stopped using it

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Have to strongly dissagree on that, My AVG Anti-Spyware updates every 60 minutes , only time it didnt do was when the sever was down for an hour or so yesterday

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Have to agree with DVD+R, have no problems with my updates at all.
    Also renewed my licence online yesterday (and got a 50% discount) and the whole thing was done and set up by them on my machine within an hour and a half.

7. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

We are currently doubling the number of our servers. As there are quite a lot servers, we expect this process to be finished by the beginning of next week. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this process but the number of users is increasing at a very high rate, thus requiring a lot more server power in the future.

8. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

...............same thing here. Just waited a couple hours and everything updated fine>

9. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

been having this problem for days

10. Jazz

Jazz Registered Member

IMO, the short-term answer at present is, taking into consideration peter's response, to keep trying to update at very regular intervals and you should update your sigs sooner or later.

I have been trying for a few days now, and eventually succeeded tonight @ 02:04 (GMT).

Good luck. :)

11. DNA_111

DNA_111 Registered Member

This problem exists for a long time,i hope it will be OK next week.

12. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I have not been able to update for 4 days. Even using the signature update installer to install signatures, the signature count still stay at 542,471 at 02 Dec 06!! :'( :doubt:

13. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: I smell something very fishy here. I got update yesterday (Canada/USA eastern time zone), and signature is 542,471, SAME as yours, Chubb(in Hong Kong ?),That means for the last few days I was getting RECYCLed data. What is going ono_Oo_O*puppy*

14. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Yes, I am in Hong Kong and had not been able to update the signatures since 02 Dec. Even the offline signature installers seems not up to date!!!

15. acooldozen

:rolleyes: Yup.....Using PAID version, definitely something fishy here. Has been going on for about a week. Can't tell me it's because there are soooooooo many users trying to download definitions at the same time. All other apps update regularly with little or no problems. My app is set to update automatically but hasn't done so for more than a week. To get it to update manually I have had to try almost continually for approx an hour or more. o_O

16. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

same problem here in NJ. comes back with same error msg and i just tried it again. Same signature. 542.471 and coming back with same server error.

robin

17. peter.ewido

No! The date for "Last update" does not get updated when you use the manual updates. That's the reason why you have 542,471 sigs but an old date...

18. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: your speedy reply does not help our(users') sadness and disappointment. So, look into my eyes, and tell me is this server problem OR lack of juices to send out? Honesty pays a long long way.:mad:

19. peter.ewido

Please see my reply (#7): we are currently adding many servers to improve the situation. For paying users, the update should be already working as expected again.

20. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

But I am far from the latest signature count of 543,957 threats as shown on the ewido home page. I keep getting the same server error in the last 4 days and today.

21. acooldozen

22. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As of an hour ago it was still "server is not ready to serve" but at the time of this post everything is back to business as usual at my location with 543,957 threats covered :thumb:

23. peter.ewido

Perhaps my statement was a bit misleading... :) I meant the manual updates using the separate downloads.

24. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: Ditto here. I just update it manually, although it is a paid version. Hope everything is cleared up. This has demonstrated that there is a lot of AVG AS users out there. Take good care of these royal clients.:-*

25. Jazz

Jazz Registered Member

Agreed.

We have to bear in mind that 99% of the quality HJT helpers nearly always advise users with malware infections to dl, update, configure and scan with AVG AS as part of the specialized malware cleaning procedure, along with various other applications, naturally. Hence the deployment of new servers, IMO. ;)

Note: Updated again after trying several times and all went smoothly. 543,957 signatures in database. :)

EDIT: 20061207 - 13:08 (GMT) - 544,011 signatures in database.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.