Server has become unstable

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by manney, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manney

manney Registered Member

I have noticed a dramatic rise in problems on two of our servers since we have put nod32 on them.

ServerA is a Win2kServer running our website+mailserver(mdaemon)+sybase database used for web content

ServerB is a Win2K3 Server acting as a fileserver + sybase database

Before nod was installed the servers where very stable and only switched off when there where schedueled power outs.

When i originally installed the nod32 it was version 2.000.09 on both machines the servers kept behaving strangly, services did not start up, communications to our databases stopped working interminatley. we kept having to stop/restart the dbservices before we could talk to the database again. I disabled IMON which helped, things where still going wrong, but not at the same rate!
    I got in touch with my supplier of NOD32 who recommended I installed a beta version 2.000.11 Again this has improved things but I am still getting the occational hangup. I still can't switch IMON on, if i try switching IMON on, on serverA for example, nobody can pickup their mail, until i have disabled IMON and rebooted the server!

I have read many a column on this forum about all sorts of network applications/services problems that have arisen after installing NOD32, are these problems still being looked into?

I do like nod32, it is quick and easy to install, we have become a reseller and have recommended it to a few of our customers. But this has now stopped until our issues in-house have been resolved

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This should be posted in the Nod32 Beta Forum. There are quite a few System Administrators that use Nod32 and frequent these forums, Bsilva is one...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.