Server busy window.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Osaban, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

More often than not I get this window at start up, usually simultaneously with the NOD32 splash screen, it stays there for 10-15 seconds but sometimes longer if I don't do anything (normally if I hit the windows 'start' it kills it) it reads:

SERVER BUSY
    This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'switch to' to activate the busy program and correct the problem.

I'm pretty sure my computer is clean (!?). Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions? Thanks

My resident programs: NOD32 - LNS - PG - SSM - RD - ShadowUser - ADMuncher

Attached Files:

2. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Any changes in software, or software configuration recently? See if this applies to you:

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/loopbackxpsp2.html

I have a Personal Manager program that has loopback to 255.255 etc and I had to set up a separate firewall rule because on bootup I was nagged by a similar type message.

Not related here, perhaps, but it's also a common message when scanners/printers and the like lose communication with the twain or other driver.

regards,

-rich

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Thanks for your reply Rmus,

Quote:"Any changes in software, or software configuration recently? See if this applies to you:
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/loopbackxpsp2.html"

I've had this problem on and off for about 3 months, and honestly it's just a matter of 10 seconds at boot up. The point is why is it happenning? I downloaded your Microsoft hotfix alas to no avail and the only change lately was my trial of SSM, although that message was appearing long before that.

My printer and scanner seem to be connecting normally...

Thanks anyway.

4. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Maybe a boot analysis will show something at the point that the message appears.

regards,

-rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.