Serious Firewall Bug

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by MasterTB, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Hi:

I've been running ESS v4 Beta for almost a week now and today, after I started my laptop all the firewall config done in that week is gone.
    I was surprised when I started getting pop ups for things I had already granted acces to the net _including the connection to my wireles router_ not event the "Allow Sharing" of my personal net at home was remembered, IT HAS ALL BEEN DELETTED and now I'm stuck with an Interactive mode that has no rules and I have to create them all over again!!!:thumbd:

As you can see from the pic, the only rule that is there so far is my Opera rule that I just created to write this post, I'm very upset by this...

Attached Files:

2. dorgane

dorgane Guest

3. MasterTB

Hello:

Yes, I saw your thread, very disturbing your trouble, but the difference here is that in my machine interactive mode had been working since time I installed the beta with no issues, only this morning I turned on the machine and voila!! ALL RULES ARE GONE, still, interactive mode continues to work -I still get pop ups for every connection atempt-, only now I have to teach it all over again!!!

So the bug I am reporting is the loss of the config file for the firewall !!!!

Regards..

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you check if the following files actually exist and weren't deleted by a disk cleanup tool for instance?
    "C:\Doc. & settings\All Users\ESET\ESET Smart Security\epfwdata.bin"
    "C:\Doc. & settings\All Users\ESET\ESET Smart Security\EpfwUser.dat"

Please PM me if they exist, I'd need to get them for analysis.

5. MasterTB

PM sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.