Serial Number Entry - True Image 2009 Upgrade From One Build to Another

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bruce Mahnke, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

I had an occasion to help a friend upgrade build 9709 to 9796. This wasn't working well for him and he was ready to give up (really frustrated having spent many days without success). I suspected that he had improperly entered the serial number(s). I had asked him to e-mail a text file showing the serial numbers which he ignored. In his attempts that failed he got an upgraded serial number and that didn't work either. Being totally frustrated he sent me a screen shot showing the page where you enter the two serial numbers (he had an upgrade). When I saw the screen shot file I immediately saw the problem. He had correctly entered his latest serial#. On the second line he entered the older serial# also for True Image 2009 taking a literal interpretation of the instructions where it reads "Please enter the serial number for the current version." I find this misleading also but I knew what the intent was. For a new user this could be a problem. Additionally the reference to enter the 64 character (probably 71 would be more correct) serial# can be confusing when entering a prior version that requires fewer characters. I realize that there are many ways to express this and it simply was my thought at the time. To follow is an image that hopefully will illustrate the matter.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

It's just another example of an incorrect translation from Russian to English. The translation is probably too literal ... and the wrong choice of the english word was used.

3. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

That's what I expect also. I believe something should be corrected and that's the reason I brought it up. I don't care how they phrase it but I see it as a problem. Had I seen it sooner I could have saved this young man several days of stress. However, this still doesn't help a new user that is unfamiliar with the application.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for this report, I would forward this issue to the appropriate department and ask them to fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.