Sensiveguard Guard Vs Comodo Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by PhoenixWeb, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhoenixWeb

PhoenixWeb Registered Member

Sensiveguard Guard Vs Comodo Firewall?

Pros and cons...

All feedback appreciated!

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

These pro's and con's are based on a short use of Comodo.

I started to use Comodo, because of its great reputation on leaktests.
    Then found Kareldjag's site and started to test Comodo against DLL-injection. The thing that irritated me was that Comodo was able to see that a process had changed and offered me the chance to block outbound traffic. When it is able to detect changes, why doesn't it kick in earlier and prevent the change. I found out that I needed a program like SSM-free for that sort of protection.

Being behind a hardware FW router and having learned how to use SSM-free reduced the goodies Comodo offered. I then started to look for alternatives and ended up with SensiveGuard.

SensiveGuard is not a better FW, but has the ability to detect wheter traffic is initaited by the user or other programs. I appreciated this intelligence very much. As a bonus SensiveGuard also offers damage protection (a sort of datawall), see review https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=161749

When Comodo's HIPS features turns out to be very good a micht switch back (I prefere less security programs, with the minimu amount of overlap)

3. PhoenixWeb

PhoenixWeb Registered Member

Thanks for the info and the excellent review of SensiveGuard.

I downloaded SensiveGuard, tried to install it, but I just couldn't get it up and running. I waited for ages after clicking the icon, but it just wouldn't get started up on my PC. I tried restarting but that didn't help either. I have uninstalled SensiveGuard and gone back to Comodo for the time being.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.