Sending mail attachments with dr web

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ellison64, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I am able to send mail but not with attachments using drweb.If i aattach a file and send (using foxmail normal ports used 110/125) , it just stays on sending and moves to the outbox folder.Spidermail icon moves (with the little letter) but after a while just stops , and foxmail is still trying to send.Anyone know what the problem may be?.
    tia ellison

2. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

You state using Foxmail with the standard ports as being 110/125, but it should be 110/25......so perhaps that's the bottleneck.

Good luck....... ;)

Putin

3. ellison64

Ooops my error...that should have been 25.Anyway ive tried everything and cant seem to fix it.Mail coming in works fine.It wont work using outlook express either for outgoing mail.I thought it was just for attachments , but any mail over a certain size seems to be affected.Im using a router but dont know whether thats the problem.AVG mail ,and nods email scanner works fine , without altering anything.
    ellison

4. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

i cant help u just confirm that its working fine here with thunderbird

:(

5. ellison64

No problems.Im sure its something to do with my router because , the first rule that outpost firewall wants to make for spidermail is
    PROTOCOL = tcp
    DIRECTION = OUTBOUND
    REMOTE HOST = LOCAL :192.168.0.2
    REMOTE PORT =47802

Then it has preset spidermail rules (already prconfigured in outpost)

That in itself seems stange as AVGs mail scanner and Nods never had any rule mentioning the 192.168.0.2 which is the router ip i believe.

I am in contact with dr web support so they are dealing with it too now.
    Thanks again
    ellison

6. Benvan45

Are you using Outpost Firewall as well as a router? Have you tried it with Outpost disabled?

Good luck ;)

Putin

7. ellison64

Yes i use outpost with the router and have disabled outpost, though it makes no difference.I have also removed tds3s lsp in case that affected it , as the lsps showing were dr webs and tds3.I then performed a winsock repair so that only dr webs lsp is active.However it has made no difference.Dr web support are currently looking at the logs they requested.
    ellison

8. ellison64

I have determined that the router is causing the problem.I disconnected the router (online disconnect not physical) , and used a dial up connection to my ISP and spidermail works.As soon as i reconnect the router and use broadband i get the problems with spidermail.I dont know how this can be fixed.I hope support may have an answer.
    ellison

9. Benvan45

A router is configurable as well, but all depends on brand and model. You should have a manual and otherwise look at manufacturer's site and they might even have a forum.
    I think the default settings of any router should allow such traffic and you may think of a reset of the router.
    Hope you will find a solution soon.....

Good luck!

Putin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.