Just in case anyone finds this informative or amusing, here's a semi-interesting NOD32 update quirk I "discovered": Back in late November, I accidentally set my PC clock ahead by almost one month. You see, I sometimes double-click on the clock in the system tray and check a date in the coming month. This creates a problem if one unintentionally clicks OK when they're done, as I did in this case. NOD32's hourly update continued just fine until I noticed that my clock was wrong. After I changed the clock back to the correct date, NOD32 wouldn't automatically update - it would only manually update. The log told me that the last time it performed an auto update check was sometime on "December 22" - even though the real date was late November. I performed manual updates every day for the next three weeks, confident that when the calendar caught up to December 22, the auto updates would start again. Sure enough, on December 22 the auto updates started up again.