Self-Extracting Backup Archive Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tommygun, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommygun

tommygun Registered Member

Hi.

Is it possible to create a self-extracting backup image to a CD or DVD with Acronis True Image Home 2009?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Not sure I understand your meaning. You can create the bootable Rescue CD and include the backup Image on the CD/DVD. It wouldn't be self extracting in the true sense of the word, but when you initiate the Restore after booting with the Rescue CD, you will then be able to restore that Image.

3. tommygun

tommygun Registered Member

.......thanks for your reply.

What I mean is a self-extracting backup archive.

No rescue media needed in this case.

Others backup programs offers this option to create a self-extracting archive to CD or DVD and I was wondering if Acronis has this option as well.

Thanks again.......

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tommygun,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

No you can’t save self-extracted backup archive, but you can do the following.

When saving backed up data on a removable media you can Place Acronis components on the media to make the disc with the backup bootable so you can restore it without using Acronis bootable disc or anything in addition. You may save either Acronis True Image Home 2009 standalone version or Acronis One-Click Restore. See Acronis user guide for more details.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.