Seeking Arovax Experiences

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by galileo, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galileo

galileo Registered Member

What has been the general experience - note the word "experience" not "opinion" - with Arovax AntiSpyware and Arovax Shield :rolleyes:

I am curious as to the effectiveness and the performance demand in particular - as well as install/uninstall issues. We already know that these are freeware products and comparisons to commercial products would obviously and most probably be expected to produce weaker results.

Thanks in advance for your experiences guys :thumb:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ive briefly tried Arovax Shield in the past. it runs light and its features are comparable to WinPatrol (guarding startup entries, file associations, etc).

3. btman

btman Registered Member

I'm not sure, but I think Arovax Shield either passes all or most SpyCar tests... It's very light and I've never had any install/uninstall issues. It's a great lightweight HIPS and definitely is compared to WinPatrol alot. It's going to keep improving and eventually the A-Shield/Arovax Anti-Spyware combo will hopefully be looked on as heavy competition in the anti-spyware world.

Arovax Anti-Spyware isn't worth having right now until they've implemented the new definition update system (Which I'm going to <3) where users can add/remove definitions from the database (Which all decisions are checked by professionals of course). But until that comes, the anti-spyware kinda sucks since it hasn't been updated since like may last year.

4. ejr

ejr Registered Member

Can anyone that has used both Arovax Shield and Spyware Terminator compare the 2 products. I presently use ST and like it. And I am hoping not debate the whole crawler issue.

Really, I am just looking for a comparison of what ST protects compared to Arovax Shield from people that have tried both. I am presently very happy with ST, but always like to stay abreast of security products.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Arovaxz products-- very slow development, I doubt they will ever come up with a finalized product. Too slow.
    ST-- looks nice but sorry I can,t stop word 'Crawler' from crawling in my mind!

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Very few good experiences, and some bad...

I agree with aigle statement about Arovax products...

7. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

I only stopped using Arovax shield as it slowed my computer a lot because i have Kaspersky Anti virus with proactive protection. If no i would use it again.

8. btman

btman Registered Member

If you use FF that would have been fixed in the latest beta I posted chaos16. I have Kaspersky IS with pro-active on and Arovax Shield and there is no slowdown... But in past versions it was cookie scanning with FF that slowed down the computer quite a bit.

9. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

Thats wat i liked about Arovax hield that Kaspersky didn't do and it was to block Kaspersky.

has the latest version of Arovax Shield improved a lot? as its been a while i haven't used it.

Is it lighter? and does the cookie in Firefox still slow down?

10. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Hey everyone. I just want to say that the latest beta is running anywhere from 1.5 to 3.7 MB of memory in Task Manager, and no slow downs with PC or Firefox. Everything seems fine, and although I was quite leery about installing the beta, so far I'm happy with it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  11. btman

btman Registered Member

Arovax Shield was never heavy takes only 2k mem usage right now... I already said that the FF cookie slowdown was fixed... And if you want to know how well it performs... You'll just have to download it.

http://forum.arovax.com/showthread.php?p=6040#post6040

This is the latest version of Arovax Shield... It's also a beta but I haven't had a problem with it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.