Seeking advice & a couple of answers...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rp100, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rp100

rp100 Registered Member

Hi guys,

Just joined the forum so first post...

I am currently running NortonSystemworks 2006 Premier with Norton Personal Firewall. Like many, I am looking to get rid of the heavily bloated Norton app's and change my antivirus and firewall software to NOD32 (latest version) and ZoneAlarm Pro (latest version).

Questions:

1) I have read that NOD32 marks emails sent with something like 'Scanned by NOD32' Is this correct? If so, is it possible to disable this notification on emails?

2) Do you know of any conflicts or problems of using NOD32 and ZoneAlarm Pro together?

3) Does NOD32 protect against spyware and adware? I currently use Ad-Aware for protection, would it be beneficial to continue to use the program or will NOD32 make it redundant?

Any other info, thoughts, advice, feedback or suggestions are most welcome and much appreciated - thanks.

By the way, this looks like a very interesting and useful forum - keep up the good work!

Many thanks,

rp100

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi and welcome to Wilders Forum :)

3. covaro

covaro Registered Member

Welcome to the forum...

NOD32 doesn't scan outgoing email. Only incoming, unless you are using Outlook in which case it will scan outgoing messages as well. If you are using Outlook it is possible to disable this.

Lot's of people on the forum here use that combo.

Yes, NOD protects against a lot of Spyware/Adware programs. Keeping Ad-aware around is good because NOD32 does not correct many of the changes these programs can make to the registry if they do manage to get their hooks in.

-Cov

4. rp100

rp100 Registered Member

Thanks for the response and feedback guys - much appreciated.

Norton is now hostory and NOD32 is now installed and up and running! So far, so good.

rp100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.