Seeking a port monitor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

I have had a couple of *mysterious* outgoing TCP connections from port 1167 at times when I wasn't doing any connecting out on my own. The port monitor I use now (CurrentPorts) didn't identify the process that initiated this outgoing connection. Instead it merely said it was "unknown" & "ID 0".

I am seeking a port monitor that will monitor a specified port, and will identify the path of the process that initiates any connection via that port. Is there such a software?

Free preferably, because I may never ever again need to use such an app. However, I will consider non-free because I really want to find out the process that is doing this.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you try TcpView for Windows?

3. wrongway67

wrongway67 Registered Member

It isn't a connection started... it's ending
    see the links I posted in this topic: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=271478

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

I read them all & copied most of what I read to my "treasures" file. THANKS! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks for the suggestion. TcpView is a good app but it doesn't log.

By the way, in the process of dealing with this matter, I discovered that my version of CurrPorts (which I have used for many many moons) was outdated. The latest version now has logging whereas my older version did not.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.