Seeking a file cleaner with a *special talent*

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have RegHealer -- a good registry cleaning program. It backs-up all deletions. One flaw: it doesn't clean up old back-ups, so they just keep accumulating.

I seek a File Cleaner that will automatically delete files within a specified folder which are older than (say) 1 month. OR it will delete files whenever the number in the specified folder exceeds (say) 10 files.

Does anyone know of a File Cleaner that has this *special talent*?

aloha from Hawaii... bellgamin

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Not what you are looking for but , very simple . Open RegHeal . Click on Actions . Click on Open last used backup folder . All backups WITh their dates will be displayed . Erase all or some . Whatever you want . It really is simple . Just do it whenever you run RH .

3. bellgamin

Thanks H-PC. I hadn't noticed this aspect of RegHealer. It makes clean-up a little easier.

I THINK the reason for no one suggesting a file cleaner with the ability I am seeking is because such a file cleaner does not exist.

Aloha, & again my thanks. By the way, I am otherwise VERY satisfied with RegHealer.

4. hollywoodpc

Nice thing is , you can pick and choose what to delete . Very nice i think .
    Glad you like it ! I like it too !!;)

5. bellgamin

There was a rather recent update to RH. Now at 4.4.1 build 279. Got it? Also, if you haven't rated RH at FileForum you might want to do so.

6. hollywoodpc

I do have it thanks . And I will take a look at fileforum ;)

7. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

So you really like RegHealer huh? I see it's shareware. Can you download a free version? Or is the link you pointed us to good for a certain period of time?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.