See/manage all backups in TI Home 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mike_C, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike_C

Mike_C Registered Member

I am a newcomer To TI at all and have a very basic question.

I am configuring a new laptop and have been taking images at various stages. There is a partitioned internal drive and a partition USB external drive. I am imaging the internal drive and saving it to the external drive. I have been taking these backups at various stages as an aid to recovering from a major failure. I have run each job as a stand-alone and completed the extended description on each as an aid to selecting which to use as a restore source. Up till yesterday (6th such backup) I was able to see each successfull job in the log and the image on the "manage & restore" screen. By selecting the image, I saw the description in the panel at the bottom.

The last job I ran (again a full disk image) for the first time I set the PC to switch off when finished, though this may be irrelevant. This morning I find that this last job is the only one visible in the "manage & restore" screen. The others are still there, in the same directory, and are immediately visible in the browse window. But you cannot see the extended description from there.

Can anyone please tell me how to see all the jobs in the "manage & restore" screen.

I have also read the help files and believe that when doing a full disk or a partition image the MBR and 1st track are stored with the image. I would like explicit confirmation that this is so and works...

Thanks for any help

Mike C

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike_C,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Can you please clarify whether the last created backup is the only one you see? Have you saved all backups in one location using different schedule tasks?

Full drive backup include everything you need in case your system crashes. In case there are MBR errors while booting your computer you can easily restore MBR from full drive image selecting just MBR and Track zero.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. Mike_C

Mike_C Registered Member

Hello Dmitry,

Thank you for replying.

Just to tidy up that last point first. If I go to make a (one shot) computer backup it offers a screen with every partition on every disk, and the opportunity to select at partition level or disk level. I understand that if I select at disk level I get the MBR and 1st track. Is this also true if I select just one of the partitions? Do I get the disk that the partition is on MBR and 1st track?

Now to my query about backups. At the time I posted the thread, in the restore panel it did indeed offer me only the last (one shot) backup - the one where I elected to shut down the PC on completion. All the previous ones were saved to exactly the same directory, and were immediately visible when I clicked "browse".

Since then I have done a couple more and these are added to the list seen in the restore screen. Again when I click browse I can see the earlier ones.

It is as though my selecting to shut down the PC created a bookmark of some sort that took the earlier backups off the main list.

regards,

Mike C

4. Mike_C

Mike_C Registered Member

Hello Dmitry,

I would still appreciate an answer to my questions about the MBR etc.

I thought you might like an update to my missing images in the "manage backups screen". Having prowled around the various ways of looking a these files I thought I would try a quick validation. The validation screen, like the manage screen only showed the last few images and omitted the three early ones. When I browsed to these earlier ones and inspected them, they added themselves to the main list. I did this with them all and they are now all visible in both the manages and validate screens....

It had just lost sight of them somehow, and I do suspect the way the job finishes if you elect to closedown the PC at the end of the job..

Cheers,
    Mike C

5. Acronis Support

Hello Mike,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The MBR is included if you create a backup archive of any partition, therefore, you will be able to recover MBR separately.

Mike, what is the build number of your program?

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

6. Mike_C

Mike_C Registered Member

Hello Oleg,

I have inspected the properties of the exe file - I couldn't find the build number anywhere else.

If this is the right place then it is 12.0.0.9709

Cheers

Mike C

7. Acronis Support

Hello Mike,

I have sent two files to you via PM. Please install them and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

8. Mike_C

Mike_C Registered Member

Oleg hello,

I have replied by PM. I have now downloaded the two files, and await your advice on whether to install them or leave things as they are working fine.

Mike C

9. Acronis Support

Hello all,

I sent my response to Mike via PM. Since the program doesn't bother him, I advised to leave everything as is.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.