Security Zone backups?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Colvin, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colvin

Colvin Registered Member

I've been using True Image since version 6.0 and currently have 8.0. I've read through the Manual and FAQ but still can't seem to grasp how to "renew" the "Security Zone". It seems that as you do Incremental Backups the new ones will overwrite the old ones once the partition is full, right?

Secondly, should I desire to start fresh, instead of deleting the Security Zone and then starting all over again, which I have been doing, it seems that you are supposed to be able to simply do a FULL Backup, instead of an Incremental Backup, and this will erase all previous files and save the new one. Is this also correct?

Thanks,

Jeff

2. noonie

noonie Registered Member

From what I understand it writes over the oldest files as needed for space, incremental or full.

3. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

If you do not have a thorough understanding of how the SZ works I would suggest creating a logical partition and setting up your own "SZ" so to speak. The workings of the SZ have been described previously here and can be found in prior threads. A logical partition that you create gives you complete mangement over your images and you do not fall prey to the inner workings of the SZ. It will be visible and therefore vulnerable but a little caution goes a long way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.