Security Warning From Merijn

Discussion in 'spyware news and general information' started by NICK ADSL UK, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

April22, 2005:
    Just a short note on the domain HIJACK-THIS.NET: this is not mine! It has been registered by XoftSpy (who are also on the Rogue Antispyware List on SpywareWarrior.com) and they are luring people into downloading their software believing it is HijackThis. Also, they have registered a few AdWords at Google leading to the same result. I have contacted them about this and received no reply (how surprising). Google can't do much about it since there is no copyright being breached. We'll see where this goes.
    In the meantime, if you want to download any of my programs, the official domain is and always will be www.merijn.org.

2. NICK ADSL UK

*Update* April 29, 2005:
    I just received word from Paretologic (who own XoftSpy) that the affiliate responsible for the page has been terminated and the site will be taken down. That's one down, one to go
    http://www.merijn.org/

3. NICK ADSL UK

Courtesy of chachazz [Thanks] :)

Update from Merijn
    Quote:
    May 5, 2005:
    Update:
    The owner of HijackThis.nl has resigned and the site is now run by Erik and Jahewi. I have discussed the matter with the new admins and it seems things will turn out ok after all. For their announcement, see here (Dutch).

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.