Security updates available for Firefox 4.0.1 and 3.6.17

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by lotuseclat79, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/042911-mozilla-patches-firefox-4-fixes.html

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

5. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

6. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

FWIW, I have updated my Windows 7 64 bit FF now to 4.0.1.

RANT BEGINS

What I find so frustrating is the seeming inability of all these SW providers to properly test their products before inflicting them on us users (me!) Then even after the "bug" is fixed according to THEM it reoccurs in later updates.

The vendors seem to have no-organizational ability to learn from their own errors and prevent them from reoccurring.

The bugs are10 years old in XP? Nobody noticed? How unacceptable is that?

IF they did do proper vulnerabilities testing, IMHO NONE of these vulnerabilities would exist EVER!

When INTEL bought McAfee ( what a choice) and I began to think that we may see os's and security software hosted in chips. I thought at 1st great the bad guys won't be able to mess with these things any more.

Now all I see with that is the buggy dumb error repeating vendor logic will get locked in chips and we will spend the next 10 years doing flash updates like for BIOS!

END of April Rant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.