security test sites

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sykozis, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sykozis

sykozis Registered Member

In another forum, I was directed to the site matousec.com. I'm just curious as to how reliable the information posted on that site is as they seem to claim Comodo Internet Security's integrated firewall is 100% effective against attacks.

If I've posted this in the wrong place...or questions as such aren't permitted, please feel free to more or remove this thread.

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

You can download the tests yourself and give it a try.

3. sykozis

After dealing with a rootkit a couple weeks ago, I'm in no hurry to start downloading random software that may or may not be malware. If the information on the site is not reliable, I would assume the software would be of the same questionable quality. Also, downloading software from their site, doesn't answer the question as to whether or not the information posted on the site is reliable.

4. Hungry Man

I meant that you can test reliability on your own with their tests.

Yes, they're fairly reliable in terms of showing specific penetration tests.

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Do it in a virtual environment if you're so worried.

6. sykozis

I don't find security a matter to be taken lightly, so yes, I am worried as to the accuracy of the information provided and the safety of the software as should everyone else be.

Update: Well, I tried downloading their software and it was immediately flagged as a trojan....

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  7. Hungry Man

Security is incredibly difficult to benchmark. Synthetic tests only take so much into account. So, while something like matousec can give you an indication about some aspects of a programs security it won't give you the whole story, only experience with the program will.

8. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Moved Thread to Proper Forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.