Security Suites ?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by TouchuvGrey, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

Hello Paul and Mike:

Given the recent popularity and improvement in quality
    of Security Suites, has any thought been given to choosing
    the best and giving it it's own forum here ? It seems that
    Eset's ESS has it by default at the moment ( no complaint
    there, i'm running it on one of my machines ). I'm also
    using Online Armor on another machine and i think well of that.

Mike:)

2. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

My understanding is that one type of product is allowed here, and no more - however, once you are a vendor if you release other products overlap is allowed.

OA overlaps with the products of several vendors, especially OA AV+ - so it's not possible for us to have a home here.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That's correct. With vendors evolving their products into suites, or adding additional modules or products offerings that overlap other areas of functionality, it was inevitable that overlaps would occur between the vendors already having support forums here at Wilders Security. And of course, we're not going to ask a vendor to leave because they add a new product offering that overlaps with another support section here.

ESET is free to add support for a security suite since they are already established at Wilders Security. However, it is highly unlikely that another vendor could come in with a product offering if their core is an anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, or other product for which vendor sections already exist here at Wilders. So, I'm afraid there won't be any new vendor suite forum section here, at least not for the foreseeable future.

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

There is another vendor well established at Wilders Security - Ewido, now merged into Grisoft. Should Grisoft want a place here, will it be allowed?

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, there are a few vendors well established here. I did not say this was limited to Eset, did I?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.