Security Suit light on internet connection

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by echtp, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echtp

echtp Registered Member

Yesterday my new 50Mb internet connection started:D Not so happy was I with Avira: it slowed down speed to only 17Mb. So my question is: what Security suites are 'light' on the internetspeed?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

50mb is only the theoretical upper limit. I wouldn't think you would actually achieve that and 17 is pretty good. There are ways to find out what speed others at your ISP are getting.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  3. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Kaspersky Internet Security and Norton Internet Security give me zero slowdowns.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/780835202.png

This was with KIS 2010, everything enabled. NIS 2010 gives similar results, as does doing the test without any security software.

4. echtp

echtp Registered Member

Well I get 48Mb with Eset!

5. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Shrug; any webshield has an overhead. Yeah, Avira webshield is pretty bad in this department, had slowdowns too. W/ ESET it's been even worse experience, it's basically causing browser freeze w/ downloads, been an issue for quite a while for me. Currently using Avast Free and seems trouble-free so far wrt HTTP scanning, knock on the wood. :D

6. adik1337

adik1337 Registered Member

Avira's webguard really is a pain in the a$$ ... when I tried ESS/Avast it seems to work right for me ... no noticeable browsing/download overhead.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.