Security Problem

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ojoojome, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ojoojome

ojoojome Registered Member

Hello. I use the same machine with my cousin. There is now just one os , Xp Pro, and my cousin unfortunately gathered almost all the malwares from the web and I am so tired to clean the system from those malwares . Now I intend to buy another Xp Pro cd and to install it onto another partition. If there is a secret trojan or virus there on my cousin's os partition (becauese there is not absolute security, some malwares can not be traced by antimalwares) , Does it influence my new os partition? May it spread to my partition or , for example, Could a possible trojan of my cousin's partition trace the info of my internet activity. I very frequently use online banking and shopping and a bit paranoid about trojans. And last question What would you advice me for better security regarding my cousin :) ? Thanks

ELENA

2. turion

turion Registered Member

Best solution get your own computer. You do not want to share a pc with somebody who download all the virus/malware/trojans on a system you do all your internet banking and shopping. Get the cheapest computer :D

3. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

I'll second that...play it safe...get your own separate computer.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Welcome to wilders!
    I would reformat his pc and start again and put in some more security in.
    use a firewalled router. there is alot of info about good secuirty setups here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.