Security Problem

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ojoojome, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ojoojome

ojoojome Registered Member

Hello. I use the same machine with my cousin. There is now just one os , Xp Pro, and my cousin unfortunately gathered almost all the malwares from the web and I am so tired to clean the system from those malwares . Now I intend to buy another Xp Pro cd and to install it onto another partition. If there is a secret trojan or virus there on my cousin's os partition (becauese there is not absolute security, some malwares can not be traced by antimalwares) , Does it influence my new os partition? May it spread to my partition or , for example, Could a possible trojan of my cousin's partition trace the info of my internet activity. I very frequently use online banking and shopping and a bit paranoid about trojans. And last question What would you advice me for better security regarding my cousin :) ? Thanks

ELENA

2. turion

turion Registered Member

Best solution get your own computer. You do not want to share a pc with somebody who download all the virus/malware/trojans on a system you do all your internet banking and shopping. Get the cheapest computer :D

3. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

I'll second that...play it safe...get your own separate computer.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Welcome to wilders!
    I would reformat his pc and start again and put in some more security in.
    use a firewalled router. there is alot of info about good secuirty setups here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.