Security Packages for netbooks

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by te42, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. te42

te42 Registered Member

Can you use ESET Smart Security 4 or ESET NOD32 Antivirus for a netbook?

The netbook is a Samsung N310:
    CPU: 1.6-GHz Intel Atom N270
    RAM:2GB
    Hard Drive Size/Speed: 160GB/5,400 rpm
    Display/Resolution: 10.1-inches/1024 x 600
    Graphics/Video Memory: Intel GMA 950/128MB shared
    Wireless: 802.11b/g, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR.

I just bought it, it comes with a 60 trial version of McAfee, but I wondered if there was something better I could get that can still be used on netbooks.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Sure .

By the way , this is very powerful netbook

Here are the System requirements :

As you can see your is much better

3. te42

te42 Registered Member

Thank you for your reply.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have run ESET Smart Security v4.0.437.0 on a similar computer (Acer Aspire ONE D150, albeit with a 160GB 7200RPM HDD, with Windows 7 RC) and it worked just fine.

It should have no problems running on your system. You should be able to obtain a trial version from your local ESET reseller, distributor or office to verify compatibility, though.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. melmitts707

melmitts707 Registered Member

May I add I recently purchased an Acer Aspire One with Windows Vista Home Basic installed on it. After removing McAfee, I installerd ESET Smart Security 4. It worked great for about 5 minutes then stopped accessing the wireless connection. Rebooted and it worked fine for about 3 minutes and stopped accessing the wireless connection. After a series of reboots and tests with no success I finally permantently disabled the firewall after going through the ESET knowledgebase and trying all their settings.

Mel

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

This might occur if there are remnants of the previous antivirus program still installed on the computer. To resolve, download the McAfee Consumeer Product Removal Tool, uninstall ESET Smart Security, reboot, run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool, reboot and then install ESET Smart Security again. If problems persist, you can contact ESET's technical support for further troubleshooting.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.