Security on TrueImage

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by loziro, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loziro

loziro Registered Member

Hi,
    I want to know more info about security of TrueImage backup images.
    There is a password protect function but this encrypt files into backup images or the images itself?
    I have see that is possible to encrypt files by checking the box in the configuration of the program but what is the algorithm which it use? And if
    this function encrypt really the files into backup images, it will be do with the password that I have entered?
    Exactly how it work ? and how much I'm safe for a backup images attacker?

Thank you much.

ziro

2. shawn_selig

shawn_selig Registered Member

well.... i can tell you that you can put images on acronis secure zone partiton... and nothing but acronis true image can access that partiton...i use acronis and if u use sz with it..i can tell you your protected from viruses and hackers getting at your backup images...and you can also password protect image files as well......

i think ti is the best imaging software yet..

3. loziro

loziro Registered Member

Hi shawn_selig,
    you tell me about SecureZone, but this secure zone partition are encrypted sector by sector, or is only an hided partition (like do partition magic in the "hide partition" function for example)?

ziro

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello loziro,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions allows encrypting backup archives. However, any of them allows protecting backups with password. Please see Acronis Support replies in these previous threads for details: Password and encryption, TI and encrypted harddisks, How secure is it?.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.