Security of Internet of Things in Spotlight at RSA Conference

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Apr 22, 2015.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

http://www.welivesecurity.com/2015/04/24/rsa-conference-2015-much-technology-not-enough-people/

3. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

How deliciously ironic.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

We have RSA Conference and yet company's still get hacked and lose people's private information and there seems to be no shortage of black hat hackers...Fantastic.

5. boredog

boredog Registered Member

I don't know if it still holds true but few years ago older people were discriminated against when it came to hiring an IT person. Also almost everybody and their kids took IT in collage and then found they could not find work. Now there is a shortage again? I think there is a swing among you people today to go into health care now that the baby boomers are growing old. It would be cool to have a survey here for those that work in IT or own a business that requires constant IT support to see how many companies actually do hire older people that have skills for IT possitions.

6. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I don't know how many new graduates are skilled in IT security. Most of my co-workers (programmers) didn't have much education about security in IT. Since their is shortage in this area we can assume, that it will become more popular and collages will have to cover this area in their curriculums.

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

They should hire me, my experience: 10 years of Wilders Security. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.