Security Build

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by luanme, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luanme

luanme Registered Member

Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure something similar has been posted here before but I was wondering what you thought about having Avira Personal and DriveSentry as a security build. Also out of curiosity, what is the average resource usage of both programs and do they each have multiple processes or just 1?

One last thing, between DriveSentry and Threatfire, is one better than the other?

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Theoretically, with Avira and Drive Sentry you should be safer.

But for my personal taste, i 'd go with the Threatfire solution. More "quiet" and "intelligent". Add Sandboxie and you need nothing more.

Drive Sentry should use more resources than Avira, specially CPU-wise. Avira is very light. Don't know details though. Just speaking from memory.

3. luanme

luanme Registered Member

compared to drivesentry, does threatfire use less resources?

4. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Yes. Much less. One is a strick Behaviour Blocker (TF) and the other is more of a AV with black/white listing pgms and a hips thrown in for good measure. (DS) If I remember correctly TF used about 8M or ram compared to 30M of ram for DS. Not sure on cpu cycles but I think TF used less also in this dept.

Ice

5. luanme

luanme Registered Member

how much does avira personal use? and also, does anyone know if its possible to uninstall just the antivirus from Comodo Internet Security?

6. Warklen

Warklen Registered Member

Not sure on Avira but yes you can just install the firewall or if you have cis already installed you can uninstall the av part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.