Security a slightly different approach

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Peter2150, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

One other program I find comforting is a program put out by Roxio, and now sold to Symantec. Go-Back. Simply put it allows you to revert your hard disk to a previous point in time. So if your computer gets dorked by anything you can revert to before the problem. Cons... it does use about 10% of your disk, and it does cause some extra disk activity, but... It allows some neat saves. Ever overwrite a file by accident. Not a problem. Edit a registry, and mess something up badly..not a problem. Installed a program last week, and windows xp wouldn't even come up, just kept rebooting. Not a problem. So if you realize you've just been hit by a nasty, you can get rid it also. It also does allow you to recover a new file created after the time you want to revert too. Neat program!!

Pete

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hope it will stay nice even now it's sold to the known company.

3. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

:DI've been using GoBack for quite some time. It has saved my a** more times than I can count. :D It can have its bad times though. Once I got hit by a virus so bad that GoBack wouldn't even run. :eek: I think it added partitions to the drive. No saving the PC that time. :p But that was only once.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Well thats a story all its own. Recommended Go Back to a friend who bought it from the "known company" The CD key didn't work. After 4 hours of effort trying to get thru to customer support the emailed a new key. It didn't work either. Had to use my key to install friends program. I sure wouldn't buy anything from them again.

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Excellent, excellent program, has saved me from more blood, sweat and tears than I care to relate. This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE software but I am still using an old Win98 system and still using a version of GoBack that I purchased from the original developer, Wildfile. When I obtain my new pc in several months, and start using XP with the NTFS file system, I hope the latest GoBack, now owned my Symantec :'( ,works just as well.

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.