Securezone question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by md83, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md83

md83 Registered Member

Couldn't find this in the FAQ.
    Is the SecureZone intended to mix disks from which it can be created (C:, E:, F: etc) or is it only for a single drive only?
    Thanks in advance!

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I'm not sure I understand your question, but this may help.

The SecureZone is a partition on one hard drive. It cannot span across two drives. That hard drive may have one or more other partition such as C:, D: and E:.

The images of one or more partitions on the same or other drives can be stored in a single SecureZone.

The SecureZone is most useful when you do not have an external hard drive for storing backup images and do not have drive partitioning software to repartition your boot drive without reformatting it.

Another alternative to the SecureZone is to store images in a standard partition on the same or another drive. This allows the images to be burned to DVDs or copied to another drive later. This is not possible with images in the SecureZone.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

However if you "mount" a Secure Zone image you have a virtual drive which you can then copy from with no difficulty at all.

Xpilot.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

An interesting questiion MD83.
    If you checked off c-d-e to be backed up and needed to do a restore, it would seem you would have to restore all three partitions.

As a matter of personal preference,
    I do a backup of C. When it is completed, then I backup D.
    When it is completed, then I backup E. etc.

Perhaps someone would lke to clarify.
    If you do a single backup of several partitions which spans more than one drive, could a restore of only one single partition be possible?

5. md83

md83 Registered Member

Thanks all!
    OK, so 1 single Secure zone can contain multiple images (C:, E:, F: etc.) at the same time. But it may not be possible to selectively restore them individually?

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Sorry, did not mean to be confusing.

The secure zone can contain any backup you create within Acronis. This is any and all drives. Likewise, you can restore any backup you created. Restoring a backup of a single drive was never in question. My question was whether you could only restore a single partion from a backup file which contained backups of multiple partitions.

In other words, if checkmarked C and D and E and completed a backup, then could you elect to restore only one of those drives? The answer is yes. I completed a backup where I checkmarked two drives and then restored only one of those drives.

You do have to be careful and de-select the drive not to be restored but other than that, it was fairly simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.