SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

We have just soft launched SecureAPlus Freemium. It combines both application whitelisting and antivirus capabilities to protect your computer from known and unknown malware more effectively. It works well with other antivirus software and gives the users the option to use SecureAPlus jointly with their existing antivirus software.

Download for a free version and check it out :) It comes with a one-year free user license. Join the referral program to extend your user license. You also stand a chance to get a perpetual user license for free.

We also like to thank those Wilders that have helped us to test SecureAPlus during the beta period.

Please feel free to give us any suggestion about SecureAPlus.

Cheers! :D

2. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

The 2x timer bug I reported on the forum is not fixed yet.

3. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Sorry Kelvin. Let me look into it and will get back to you tomorrow.

4. Sinlam, congratulations with this excellent whitelisting application. Some of your features are offered by other AE's, but the total package is unique

1. Build a whitelist on install (better than an auto allow everything from windows & programs files)
    2. Default whitelist of trusted certificates, with an option to add/remove certificates :thumb: reduces pop-ups at updates & offers tight user control (I scaled it down to the trusted vendors I use on my PC)
    3. Default list of restricted applications to limit inheritage of auto-trust certifcate level :thumb: (to prevent threatgate programs like internet facing programs to start binaries, like dll's). I added also wmplayer.exe
    4. Process protecting to protect threatgate programs from dll-injection etc :thumb: (I added all my internet facing software and pdf reader)

Market launch with product features of a very mature product, more like the features of a category market leader, only suggestion left
    1. add process protection as advanced option to whitelisting
    2. add more pdf-readers/e-mail programs/mediaplayers/webbrowsers to the default list of restricted & protected aps

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  5. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Kees, How long did it take you to get the whitelist built? It took a while for it to build. Also during that time the only thing providing protection was Clam AV. So detection wasn't that great.

6. I left PC on for at least six hours and went to do other things.

PC has a 60GB SSD (aps), 500 GB HDD (data) and 120 GB HDD (for quick business data backup)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  7. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Windows_Security, thank you so much for your well wishes. We are really glad that you are able to see the uniqueness of our solution :D

Regarding to your two suggestions:
    1. We currently have the process protection but we did not put it as one of the feature in SecureAPlus Main Console. You can actually find it in the whitelist folder. This is more for the advanced user who really know exactly which process need to be added in. However, it will provide a much better protection when it is combined with our another enterprise solution - SecureData with Application Binding Capability. If you are interested to find out more about SecureData, please visit our SecureAge Corporate Website.

You have a good suggestion about adding in the process protection. We will have an internal discussion about this.

2. Good suggestions :thumb: We will gradually add in more programs in future. ;)

8. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Kjdemuth, sorry and I hope this did not cause you too much frustration. We are currently fine-tuning the whitelisting process and we should be able to release it in the next freemium version. In this version, the whitelist protection will start to kick in even if the initial whitelisting process is not completed.

9. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Kelvin, yes you are right, we have not fixed it yet for this first freemium version. Sorry for that but we have not forgotten your suggestion. it is definitely in our development pipeline and we plan to release it in the third version. We are currently focusing on fine-tuning the performance of the whitelisting so that we can get it ready for the next release.

Thank you so much for your patience and support all this while :D

10. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

I'm having a problem here. I'm running Firefox 22 (32bit), the latest flash player, Sandboxie 4.05.1 (64 bit), and EMET 4.0 (with maximum settings). In EMET 4.0 I have Firefox and it's plugin-container listed along with SbieCtrl.exe and SbieSvc.exe (32 and 64 bit). I'm experiencing Firefox becoming totally non-responsive within Sandboxie. I can't shut it down in Task Manager. The only thing I can do is do a hard shutdown of my laptop. Running Firefox outside of Sandboxie and no problem.

Whitelisting is still taking place. I'm hoping that when it finishes this problem will be corrected.

I'll post back tomorrow if I am still having problems.

Later...

11. Trespasser

Had to uninstall SecureAPlus Freemium. There seems to be a problem with running Sandboxie.

Later...

12. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Trespasser, sorry to know that you are facing so much problem. We are currently trying to diagnose the problem you are facing. During installation, did you choose to install the AV component?

13. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Will try this on my testing Netbook. :D I want to see how it does with some adware I got in my DL folder. Cross that out had to do a reformat and lost the sample. :'(

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  14. Trespasser

No, I didn't.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Bob

15. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

45 min and counting to build a whitelist? This is on a 4 month install on Windows 8. Very slow.

16. KelvinW4

It will take some time, they are working to improve the speed of whitelisting.

17. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Pitty that there is no video which will show how GUI looks like and how to work with this application. Or at least I can't find it.

18. KelvinW4

19. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Thanks. Few questions:
    - is it possible to disable permanently AV protection?
    - what is resources usage during normal activities on computer (cpu/ram)?

20. KelvinW4

It is possible to permanently disable AV protection. Furthermore, it is possible to install without ClamAV.

0-1% CPU
    15mb RAM

21. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Thanks again Kelvin, will try it out.

22. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Kelvin, a big thank for answering on my behalf :thumb: :D

23. KelvinW4

No problem :)

24. cheater87

Will this clash with Comodo who already uses white listing?

25. cheater87

Trying this out with just Avast....I'm liking it a lot! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.