Secure Zone with a *.tib file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hridler, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hridler

hridler Registered Member

Have TI 2009 and want to setup the Secure Zone using an earlier backup, that is, with an older *.tib file. Can't find out how to do it.
    I setup the space on the drive using the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard but am lost at the next step. How do I "fill" the partition with the *.tib file so I can load the older backup with the F11 command at boot?
    Please help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hridler,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Standard Acronis True Image tools doesn't allow you to place an old archive into Acronis Secure Zone.

You can mount Acronis Secure Zone using Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0. Acronis Secure Zone will be mounted as a partition with its own drive letter. You will be able to access and manage the backup archives there using standard Windows Explorer.

- Run Acronis Disk Director;
    - Right-click on Acronis Secure Zone;
    - Select Advanced -> Change type;
    - On the Partition Type screen select type 0Bh (FAT32);
    - Reboot the computer.

Copy the archive and hide Acronis Secure Zone. To revert Acronis Secure Zone back to hidden, change the type to 0BCh (Acronis Secure Zone type).

Please note that Acronis Secure Zone has FAT32 file system. FAT32 supports 4GB file size. The size of the entire archive should be less than 4 GB or the archive should be splited to the parts less than 4GB each.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.