Secure zone Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by paramatta, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paramatta

paramatta Registered Member

Vaio VGN-AR31E Laptop, Windows Vista Home Premium.
    I have created an Acronis Zone and backed up to it, the problem is that I get an error message each boot "Windows Disc not found Exception processing message 0xc0000013" The partition shows in Disc management as a "Healthy Primary partition" I am sure this is FAT but it is not shown. I am also sure that if I could give it another Drive Letter it would solve the problem but it doesn't seem to be an option. Any ideas welcome, I would like to keep the Acronis secure zone if possible but I also backup to an exterior HDD

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You probably activated the True Image Startup Recovery Manager which modifies the MBR and now Vista cannot find its own recovery partition on the laptop. There is no need to activate or use the SRM nor is it a good idea to use the Secure Zone. If your hard drive goes belly up, so does the Backup in the SZ. Much better to use an external drive to hold the BAckups.

3. paramatta

Thank you I will take note of that. Why does it take so long to "Recover" using an exterior drive?

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

The usual reason is the drivers used on the Linux based rescue CD are not optimized for your particular hardware. The restore times can be improved siginificantly by using BartPE Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD with Mustang's BartPE Plugins.

5. paramatta

Thank you for those links, I will take a look at that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.