Secure Zone & Partition Cloning

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by writedom, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. writedom

writedom Registered Member

Can I copy or save files to or from the secure zone? (Example, I want to copy a backup in the secure zone to an external hard drive)

How do you clone individual partitions? (Example, I have 1 hard disk with two partitions. I want to clone the first partition to the second. How is this done? (Ghost does it)

Lastly,

When will encrypted backups become available?

Thanks

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

1 – No, you can’t.

2 – You don’t/can’t. You can only clone entire hard drives. You can create an image file backup of a partition.

3- Don’t know.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello writedom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that, as TheWeaz has already mentioned above, the current Acronis True Image version does not allow moving\copying backups to\from Acronis Secure Zone. The ability to manage backups located in Acronis Secure Zone manually will probably be implemented in the future Acronis True Image builds\versions. At the moment, backups saved to Acronis Secure Zone are deleted automatically if required (see section 3.3 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide for further details).

Please note that, as TheWeaz has already pointed out, Acronis True Image's embedded Clone Disk wizard transfers the entire contents of one hard drive to another. It does not allow one to clone individual partitions. It also does not allow cloning hard drives over the network. Both source and destination hard drives should be connected locally in order to perform the disk cloning procedure using Acronis True Image.

If you want to transfer\clone\copy a single partition we recommend that you create an image of this partition saving it to any type of the supported media (i.e. any internal, external or network drive, CD, DVD, ZIP, etc.) and then restore this image to the desired location.

Please take a look at this FAQ article explaining the difference between Clone Disk and Backup approaches in more details.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the User's Guide mentioned above.

Could you please clarify what you mean exactly by "encrypted backups"?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. writedom

writedom Registered Member

By Encrypted I mean the following:

Backups produced by Acronis TI would be encrypted using the AES, Two Fish, Blowfish, etc. algorithm at 128 bit + key size (Preferably 256 bit minimum).

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello writedom,

Please be aware that we have already received similar requests and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. The capability of encrypting backup archives will certainly be available in the future Acronis True Image versions. I'm afraid that the exact time frame for this feature to be implemented is not decided yet.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.