Secure Zone just wants to get fatter!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by octaglider, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. octaglider

octaglider Registered Member

I have been informed when making an incremental back-up to the Secure Zone that the Zone is full and cannot be cleaned automatically. I'm advised to increase the size of the Zone. This has happened twice now. I've enlarged it once but given that the Zone is currently 58GB and the C drive has only about 17GB being imaged something must be wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Steve

Attached Files:

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I would use the Manage Acronis Secure Zone to verify the size and available space.
    Then I would step through the restore wizard up to the point where I could see how many images were in the ASZ and what type they are (FULL/DIF/INC).
    Remember, TI will not clean out the ASZ if there is only 1 FULL image contained in it. You will need to rerun the FULL task which will write over the existing file and remove any associated DIF/INCs.

3. octaglider

So, just to get this right, I just choouse full back-up and TI will overwrite everything in the Secure Zone?

Thanks for replying.

S

4. TheWeaz

From the HELP:

The program uses the following scheme to clean up Acronis Secure Zone:
    • If there is not enough free space in the zone to create a backup, the program deletes the oldest full backup with all subsequent incremental/differential backups.
    • If there is only one full backup (with subsequent incremental/differential backups) left and a full backup is in progress, then the old full backup and incremental/differential backups are deleted.
    • Otherwise, (only one full backup left, and an incremental/differential backup is in progress) you will get a message about space error. In that case you will have to either re-create the full backup or increase Acronis Secure Zone.

5. octaglider

Thanks.

S

6. J-Kay

J-Kay Registered Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the same error message as above.

This is the first attempt to use the secure zone! I even increased the SZ size to 50GB, and it was still unable to backup the remaining 60GB of the disk.

This is just my latest problem. So far I have updated to the latest build, uninstalled, reinstalled, managed the secure zone, deleted the secure zone, remade the secure zone, resized the secure zone and been back and foreward to these forums all day!

Any advice greatly apprectiated!

7. TheWeaz

OK, you have a 50 lb sack and want to fit 60 lb into it?

8. J-Kay

J-Kay Registered Member

Yes! When I did a full backup and saved it to an external drive the file size was 4GB, but one of these won't fit into a 50GB secure zone.

I'm not trying to clone the whole drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.