Secure your Browser in 2 Secs

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by StevieO, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Guest

This might be useful to those who need to keep swiching between different security modes.

. . .

On the Internet, we spend most of our time in Medium Security Mode, however, with the amount of spyware, scumware, and hackers out there, this is just not acceptable anymore.

It is much safer to surf in high security mode, but most people do not do this because of the hassle involved in switching their computer settings back and forth. Klik Safe allows this switching to occur very easily.

What is it? Klik Safe is a small program that lives on your PC and interacts with the user via a little lock icon in your system task tray on the lower right of your computer screen.

How easy is it? With a simple double-click on the icon , you can change your Internet Explorer Browser settings from Medium Security settings to High Security settings, and back again.

The Benefit: Protect yourself and your system from the copious amounts of spyware, scumware, and hackers out there with just one quick Klik!

In a Nutshell: Klik Safe gives you easy control over your security settings, allowing you to surf securely, and yet not be inconvenienced when lower security settings are required.

Latest Version: 1.6.2.5 - March, 2005 - globi_kliksafe.zip (430 KB)

Requires: Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Best of all - it's FREE!

http://globi.ca/kliksafe.shtml

. . .

StevieO

2. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Why not just use your Trusted Sites zone in the security setting ? At least, that's how I've had IE setup for a while now...no need to switch settings at all :)

3. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi Vikorr,

I posted it in case any new members who are not up to speed with their security settings yet, needed a very quick way of doing this.

StevieO

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i usually download files from numerous sites so using teh trusted zone is not convenient. i find this lil utility could come in handy for those times i do use IE.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Too late for me, I use Firefox already and I don't go back to MSIE, because the design of Firefox is more practical, more comfortable, smarter and this time I'm not talking about security.
    Firefox has only disadvantage for me : it opens slow when you have extension installed.
    M$ has to do better and certainly after so many years.

6. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Erik,

Have you tried a Moox version of FF? :D

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

do u use it? are they rele performance improved? i just may consider trying it out someday.

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

No Trooper, the name Moox sounds familiar but that's it.
    Did it really make a difference for you ? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.