Secure online bookmark manager

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by doveman, Feb 11, 2015.

1. doveman

doveman Registered Member

I need to organise my bookmarks as I run multiple versions of Iron for different purposes, all with their own bookmarks, as well as Chrome and IE occasionally.

I used to use Opera, which was easier as I could just save Windows layouts to quickly open all the windows for a particular subject but I gave up on it as it had an awful memory leak bug.

I was thinking it would be great if there was something, like URL Gather, which can import bookmarks from all the browsers (after which I'd clear the bookmarks in the browsers) and then encrypt the database before uploading it to an online location, whether Google Drive or my own ftp server. Then, you could take the program with you on a portable drive, without even the database and have it download automatically from the online location when you next run it from wherever and when you've finished, encrypt and upload the updated database (if you've changed it at all that is), so that it can be downloaded again when you get home or go somewhere else. Then, even if you lose your USB stick, you can just download the app, enter the location of the file and get going again.

So, is there anything like this available?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.