Secure Deletion

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by TylerGred, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylerGred

TylerGred Registered Member

Ok so I have a folder with a bunch of files I have encrypted...

I encrypt them and open up the archive, make a change to the file, save it, then it asks if it wants to delete the file.

What exactly is it deleting....

Is it going to delete the actual file within the archive? The changed file? the old file? I'm confused...

If I click no, is there some form of the file floating on my pc somewhere not encrypted?

Also, I noticed it takes longer to delete a file using eraser than it does cryptosuite. I guess I have it in my head that this means eraser is doing a more through job, but this isn't true correcto_O I know the answer I just want reassurance.

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

CryptoSuite currently does not support encrypting files you have changed "actively" in an archive. ie If you view a decrypted file, then change it and save it, all you have done is save to the temporary file CryptoSuite created. When you close the archive, CryptoSuite asks you if you want to delete the temporary files it created on your hard disk. So when it asks to delete files, it is deleting the temporary files it created, not the files in the archive.

If you want to update files you have saved on the hard drive back into the encrypted archive, you have to go to encrypt tab, select the changed file, and use the existing encrypted archive name you used before as the output name. This will then update the file in the archive, with the new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.