Secunia Releases Personal Software Inspector for Android

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ComputerSaysNo, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://news.softpedia.com/news/Secunia-Releases-Personal-Software-Inspector-for-Android-332996.shtml

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

"it also covers apps outside Google’s repository" - So it updates pirated apps for you? Not that I have those (cause I don't trust them), just curious.

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Don't pretty much all Android phones already check for updates? Seems pointless.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I do not think it would mean that. Plenty of applications have the option to buy from their website instead of android market so have to install it outside of android market.

plus google have removed flash player from the market place which does need quite alot of updates to keep it as secure as it can be so this tool may be more useful than you think.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  5. d0t

d0t Registered Member

You can even set your Android to update them automatically

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Depending on the device, automatic updating can be disabled as many (self included) - do. This would be set via Google Play settings > deselect auto-update apps. You're done.

A bit about app permissions.

It also should be noted that this app is in preview release !! There have been a grand total of seven installations.

More info

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

How is that related to my question? You just gave another possibility instead of answering it.

Adobe doesn't develop Flash anymore, so really this tool is only for niche purposes. Sure it might be able to update an old phone's Flash, but what's the advantage of that over just downloading the app yourself?

8. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Adobe Flash Player is not supported beyond Android O/S version 4.0.x.

Yes, apps may be downloaded from many a vendor site directly as with Lookout, as an example.

You may enable content filtering via Google Play depending on one's preferences of levels of maturity of apps to will be offered when searching.
    Those ratings are community based on Google Plus user feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.