secthought.e

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ashdavic, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashdavic

ashdavic Registered Member

i have read all the posts on the secthought.e trojan. i cannot seem to remove it. i ran AVG and it would not let me move it to the virus vault. i did all the adware and spybot stuff and then ran avg again. secthought.e still came up. i have a hijack this log, but i dont know if im allowed to post it w/o authorization. i wouldn' even know where to post it anyways. i am very confused. i cant remove this trojan and its really anooying. any help would be appreciated!undefined

2. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

check this site
    on the left panel (under recommended sites) there is a wealth of hijack-cleaning forums.
    post your log on ONE of those

3. ashdavic

ashdavic Registered Member

thanks

4. Akareload

Akareload Registered Member

Print these instructions and read first

Disconnect internet Access

Go to Programs\ Accessories\ system tools\ system restore\ System restore settings\ Clict turn off restore. ( The virus is also contained in the restore points Turning it off will delete all restore points thus deleting it from this location)

Go to Start/ Settings/ Control Panel/ Folder options/ View/ click on show hidden files and folders and display content of systen folders

Reboot your computer and rerun AVG

Go to the TEST RESULTS to find any virus located in this scan by choosing DETAIL

*** Go to Start and right click to open the menu -click Explore
    Follow the path of each file, for example

C:\Documents and Settings\*myusername*\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IES\HSPTJP57\install026[1].exe

you are looking for the file HSPTJP57 not the name of the virus.

once you've found it, just highlight this file and delete it. Do the same for the others...

OR, just go to the Start /Search /For Files or Folders option and type in the name of the file (NOT the name of the virus) but the actual name of the file - and delete the file from here

REBOOT your computer

Rerun AVG Go to Test Results to see if any are found. If so go back to the *** step and go thru each stem until clean test results.

Once clean Reboot

Go back and turn your System Restore back on.

Reconnect to the internet

YOU ARE CLEAN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.