Secretsline.net ?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by blatnoy, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blatnoy

blatnoy Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone has used Secretsline.net or has an opinion of their set-up. They say they have no logs and they have some really cool server locations. Malaysia,Estonia etc They seem a bit on the pricey side but if its true anonymity I am willing to pay. I am either going to go with Secretsline.net or Perfect-privacy.com or Xerobank. All opinions would be appreciated.

thanks

2. markoman

markoman Registered Member

Well, what their link "Technology" says is only

and their rules link quote:

The technical explanation is at least unprecise (although I would define it WRONG), and they talk about "absolute anonymous and safety", which means nothing. Also, the sentence "It's universal decision, it can be used without a real IP-address, by the way, an ordinary VPN does not have this function" makes no sense to me.

No privacy policy is published on their site (at least not where I could see it), which means that they could keep any kind of logs and do any kind of filtering, and you couldn't complain about it.

And, they sell a 2-hop VPN, but there is no explanation what it is about, how it is implemented or any other specification.

So, just by looking at their website, I guess they are just one of the many VPN providers, just more expensive.

3. blatnoy

Would you recommend any of the services I listed? Perfect-Privacy? Xerobank?

4. fuzzylogic

fuzzylogic Registered Member

I'd highly recommend prefect-privacy, it has servers from all over the world. Not only that but they give you serveral ways of connecting from cgi web proxies to openvpn.

You can give xerobank a trial for a $1, see if that is what your after, it has only a few servers, Canada/Netherlands with a hop in the USA.

5. blatnoy

Yeah Perfect-Privacy does seem like a great choice. The prices awesome but I am just wondering about connection speed. How fast are the servers in say Tel-Aviv? Also I am not what you would call a computer expert. Are the perfect-privacy software platforms fairly easy to use? I am on the Xerobank $1 trial right now and it is great. Fast Speeds. Simple to use. But I like how Perfect-Privacy allows squid proxies and lots of locations.

6. traxx75

traxx75 Registered Member

I wouldn't expect brilliant speeds from some of the more "unique" locations since their infrastructure isn't likely to lend itself to high-speed links. I would say the usual locations like the Netherlands, US, Canada, and few other well-connected European countries would be the place to go for speed since the VPN boxes are likely to be on better links and may not be as far away from the server hosting the data you want.

That's not to say that places like Tel-Aviv wouldn't be useful as a hop. Just don't expect to pull down files at 10MB/s :)

7. blatnoy

Ok I went with a 1week subscription at Secretsline on their Estonian OpenVPN service. It was $11 but i paid with wmz Webmoney. The cool thing is that it is totally automated. If you have a webmoney or Liberty Reserve account you can instantly fund your account and add whatever subscription you want. They have by the day /week /month/year.They also take SMS coin and Visa/Mastercard. I am impressed with the speed of the Server in Estonia and I am going to try the Server in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia for a week next. It is $9.5. One of the main reasons I like this service is they have Live Online Customer Support on ICQ almost all the time. At least 10hrs out of the day you will have someone on ICQ to help you with any problems. I did a simple DNS check by entering in an invalid website and got this message

DNS error - cannot find server.

If anyone wants to try it out you can try for only a day if you want for as little as $1.20. They have PTTP,OpenVpn and DoubleVPN.

Visit my link at

http://secretsline.net/?cl-8c37a64261265eec856b

if you decide the check them out because users get 20% of what they refer added to their account!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.