Secondary Internet Profile not working

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lolo2907, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lolo2907

lolo2907 Registered Member

All,
    I'm having an issue setting up a secondary profile for my mobile users. I've read the instructions posted by BS and followed them to a T, but my client is not updating as it should while I am off the company network. I know I've set everything up properly, but I'm sure there's a possibility that I may have missed something. I can run the 'task' manually and that works, but it fails to check after the specified time interval which is one hour.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ps. I'm a newbie to the site as well as NOD32.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi lolo2907, welcome to Wilders.

Could you please recheck each screen HERE

Cheers :D

3. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Are you sure it's "failing to check"? For the initial connecction you should see this error message.

"Update Function: gethostbyname, parameters: , return value: 11001"

But if there are no updates available the second profile won't return any error, it just doesn't update.

To prove that, disconnect the internet connection but leave the computer turned on. The next time NOD32 tries to update you should see that error message twice. The second one coming seconds after the first, and that message relating to the second profile.

This is all based on the premise that the 2nd profile is being called of course.

BFG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.