second thoughts On Vipre

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tomdy2k, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

Hi

I purchased Vipre anti virus plus a few months ago but now I'm wondering if it's all that great...

first of all during a scan it brings my win xp..1gb ram 2.66 ghz computer to its knees..much worse than Norton...

the web filter blocks sites I know are good...no testing on Av comparatives for some reason....So I really don't know how effective it really is..I know its being pushed all over the net

anyone have any recent info on vipre?:doubt:
    thank you
    tom

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Ive been contemplating running VIPRE AV and ditching Panda, but right now Panda is running great on my system.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Recent thread here .

Personally I would only run the standalone AV in a layered defense and apart from a slight freeze when updating, it has given me no problems.

I would contact their support to solve your problem with the Premium version.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

As Blackcat pointed out, let's keep the Vipre discussion going in that current thread: [thread=285928]Vipre Antivirus[/thread]. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.